Friday 12 May 2017

Easter Dress

It's always great to see what craft and sewing projects people have been working on and this girl's dress for Easter is no exception.  Mum Jess is a just loves sewing and regularly makes clothes for her children.  Here's an excerpt from her blog showing off the Easter dress she made for her daughter, Ava.

 

Here we go with the Easter dress posts! Are you surprised I made them this year?  Ye me too.

I’m also showing you the last dress I made first, so it’s all over the place here folks. Welcome to my life.  snort.

This kraken. I swear. She does all her poses. The only ones that were suggested by me are the basic shots.  Everything else is ALL AVA.

K anyways. the dress. I actually made another outfit for her for Easter and then strongly disliked how it looked with Sadie and Charlotte’s dresses (I’ll still blog it, I love it but not all of them together), so I whipped this one up Saturday morning before Easter. Luckily it’s definitely a whip-uppable dress! I used my darling friend Melissa’s pattern which I’ve made once before, the Lizzy dress. (oddly enough, the other time I made this pattern it was also for an Easter dress!)

 

I sewed up a size 5, with the short sleeve option. Love this perfect gold button I found in my stash to use! The fabric was I believe, from Hobby Lobby awhile back. It’s fairly stiff quilting cotton so not perfect for clothes, but for this dress shape it worked fine.

Article source: click here.

I think you'll agree that Jess has done a brilliant job and that Ava clearly loves posing in her new dress!

 

We recommend:

To make a similar girl's dress you may like this polka dot fun fabric available from Minerva Crafts.  Or perhaps this yellow floral print available here.

The following article Easter Dress Find more on: Crafty Bug Website

No comments:

Post a Comment